We are a GP Training Practice and will benefit from the services of a fully qualified doctor in this capacity from August 2019. This doctor may, at times, for training purposes, video consultations but only with the patients consent.
The recorded consultations are:-
- Used for analysis and assessment alongside their Trainer.
- In order to improve GP consulting skills.
- Only done so with the express permission of the patient and can be declined by the patient.
- Reviewed in confidence between the Trainee and Trainer for the purposes of training.
- Stored safely or encrypted when awaiting review.
- Erased once viewed.
Many thanks for your co-operation in this. Together we aim to ensure excellent GPs for the future.
The doctors/nurses also undertake student teaching and may occasionally have medical students sitting in on consultations but again this is at the patients discretion. You will always be asked beforehand if this is acceptable and you may ask for the student to withdraw if you prefer to have your consultation in private.